About the position
Love bikes? Align with Xtracycle’s values? Perfect.
You’ll learn Xtracycle’s innovative approach to bicycle fulfillment while preparing, assembling, and shipping Xtracycles to surprise and delight our dealer and direct clients.
- Unbox bikes and prepare them for shipment.
- Assemble bikes for bike shops and for individuals.
- Print and attach labels for shipments.
- Ship bikes or accessories.
- Kit products: Put specific parts in bags to make assemblies quicker.
- Receive inventory/unload trucks.
- Lift boxes onto trucks.
- Keep shop space clean and organized.
Your Qualities and Attributes
- Entrepreneurial attitude: You work hard and do whatever it takes to help Xtracycle succeed.
- Attentive to details: You pay attention to the little stuff, while keeping your sights on the big picture.
- Goal-Oriented: You have strong follow-through and work to consistently achieve your goals.
- Problem-Solver: You notice when something isn’t working and work with your team to make it better.
- Clear communicator: You are friendly, concise and open.
- Positive: You are positive and upbeat in communications.
- Passion for all things bicycle. Confident working with your hands. We’ll train you if you’re the right fit!
- Capable of lifting bikes weighing up to 80 pounds without assistance
- You’re available throughout the busy building season from April – September.
This is a part-time or full-time position depending on your/our needs. Compensation depends on experience and is competitive for bicycle assemblers in Oakland.
Work at our Oakland-based office walking distance from MacArthur BART.
How to apply
To apply for this position, go to: xcy.cl/apply. Please write “Xtracycle Assembler” into the “Applying for” field.
- Your resume
- One paragraph cover letter that answers this question: Why are you inspired to commit your time and energy to Xtracycle?