About the position
As a Store Manager at Freewheel Bike, you are empowered to create and lead a dynamic, successful, and passionate retail bike shop team. As Store Manager, you are a key member of the operational team that reports directly to the General Manager. As part of this team, your contributions are critical to the success of the entire enterprise and you have the opportunity to design and mold this progressive, forward-moving enterprise, in an ever-changing retail landscape.
Essential Job Functions
The Store Manager provides direction and leadership to a diverse group of sales, service, and operations staff. Through recruitment, education and motivation, you will be expected to build and maintain an energetic, passionate staff that understands what it means to win in today’s retail environment and values providing a fantastic customer experience.
With an extensive list of evaluation tools at your disposal, you will evolve the direction of your store based on insight and data extracted, as well as your years of experience in a business-focused retail environment. Your ultimate goal is to produce a successful, profitable store that can continue to thrive and add value to our community.
You must be able to enthusiastically achieve the following:
- Maximize store sales and achieve sales goals
- Measure and monitor progress and results daily
- Ensure all staff have the knowledge, skills, and motivation to reach goals
- Manage payroll expenses to ensure profitability
- Ensure world-class customer service by maintaining Freewheel Bike brand service standards
- Engage customers to seek out feedback so you can measure and adjust for improved success
- Work with Management team on the creation of annual store business plan and calendar
- Ensure staff are active brand ambassadors within the community through proactively seeking out opportunities to participate and enrich the lives of our customers outside of the store
- Maintain an efficient and effective inventory by utilizing our advanced inventory tracking systems as well as ensuring these systems are performing optimally
- Collaborate and contribute with marketing team to execute store events that produce impactful sales results as well as increased community involvement
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for customers and staff at all times
- Continuously search for ways to improve all aspects of our enterprise
The ideal Store Manager will have a passion and love for bicycles and riding them as often as possible. You are a leader and motivator, who thrives off of achieving goals and is enthusiastic about mentoring others to achieve even greater success. You are excited for the opportunity to be the person who builds something great while building a team of exceptional coworkers that you are proud to call teammates.
On a functional level, you will bring with you the following skills:
- Minimum 3+ years of managing a successful business
- Minimum 3+ years working in a sales-focused environment
- Proven ability to meet business goals
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop future leaders
- Knowledge and experience cultivating and maintaining an effective inventory
- Proficiency in administering a point of sale system as well as Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in interpreting and using financial metrics to drive performance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in visual merchandising
- Proven ability to deliver world-class customer service experience
- Possess a drive to create and be a part of something great
- Eagerness to expand knowledge base
The Store Manager is required to meet the standard physical requirements of all of the roles at Freewheel Bike with a few additions:
- Operate office equipment
- Standing for extended periods up to an entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move products and fixtures up to 75 pounds
- Travel via car or plane on up to 3 times per year on trips lasting up to 5 days
- Ability to regularly work more than 40 hours per week, including many weekends
- Be available to travel (by air and automobile)
How to apply
Apply on the company website.