About the position
People focused, outdoor enthusiasts.
The Outfitting Staff of Zion Adventures forms the backbone of our business operations. Outfitters work inside and play outside; they go canyoneering, hike, climb, and bike to understand Zion and all it has to offer. Hundreds of Park visitors stop by each day seeking assistance in making the most of their time here. It is the Outfitter’s responsibility to help them leave Zion Adventures with an empowering sense of direction. Outfitters prepare visitors to hike the Zion Narrows, answer questions about our services, maintain the vast amounts of equipment we send out each day, and perform other crucial tasks that help visitors have memorable experiences.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Desire to help people, specifically help them have fun visits and stay safe
- Professional and responsible attitude when working with clients
- Willingness to learn and teach
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- An ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Sense of humor. Can make work fun and/or funny in positive ways
- Ability to work and stay on-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills
- Some familiarity with computer programs such as Word or Excel. Previous experience with Mac is helpful.
- An outstanding work ethic
- Commitment to serving others
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoys creating order in chaotic environments
- Ability to take initiative
- Answering visitor questions
- Outfitting customers for the Narrows
- Answering the phone and replying to e-mails
- Booking guided trips and shuttle reservations
- Checking in, cleaning, and repairing gear
- Checking out customers at the cash register
- Helping connect clients with guided trips and other Zion activities
- Offering expertise on local recreation opportunities and logistics
- Building an impressive knowledge base of the roads, hikes, canyons, and hidden secrets of Zion National Park and the surrounding area on personal time
- Informing customers about retail products in the store
- Managing product inventory on our retail floor
- Facilitating meaningful, helpful, intelligent, and pleasant conversations with customers
- Attending staff meetings outside the work day (approx. 1 per month)
Dates of Employments: March 1st - November 28th
Schedule is determined by shop demand as well as other positions you might work, such as a shuttle driver. As a result, you may work 4 days during some weeks, but will most often work 5 days. Our aim is to create a regular work schedule for you where you have the same 2 consecutive days off.
Year-Round Potential: There is year-round outfitting available for a several staff members. Some stay to outfit part-time or work on seasonal projects.
How to apply
Apply on the company site