About the position
Urban AdvenTours has been helping to improve cycling in Boston for over a decade. Every employee is a crucial part of the business, and every employee has the opportunity to make a positive impact on Boston’s cycling culture. Whether you want to work a few hours on the side, or can dive right into full-time, everyone is important here at UA. In addition, employees have a variety of other perks and incentives as part of the company:
- Access to our extensive fleet of bikes
- Flexible or set shifts available
- Shop rides, both athletic and casual
- Camaraderie and cooperation in a fun and challenging workplace
- Work alongside some really fun and interesting “bike people”
- Learning about the history of Boston
- Industry events with manufacturers and distributors
- Winter lodging and activities at Camp Wapanacki
- Pro-deals and monthly staff wholesale orders
- 20%-30% off in-stock shop items
All applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Punctual and reliable
- Have a desire to work and learn
- Work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and professional manners
Urban AdvenTours is a locally owned small business located in Boston’s North End, offering bicycle tours and rentals as well as a full-service sales and repair shop.
We are looking to hire qualified candidates to assist in leading bike tours in the upcoming season. If you love bikes and love riding in the city, then this is the perfect job for you! We hire cyclists who are outgoing, friendly, hardworking and knowledgeable about safe riding in an urban environment. Guides will be responsible for groups of up to 30 guests with a ratio of 1 guide per 8 guests. Guides must be able to safely lead and entertain our guests throughout the busy streets of Boston.
We prefer a weekly shift commitment throughout the season (mid-March through Oct.) but will consider different schedules on a case-by-case basis. Must have urban cycling and customer service experience, a love of history is a plus. Previous tour guide experience is helpful, but not required.
- Present knowledge of culture and current events in Boston
- Present the history of Boston
- Fix flat tires / basic mechanics
- Navigate city via bicycle and practice safe riding
- Give directions and knowledge of local points of interest
- Size customers to bicycles
- Process transactions at the register
- Provide excellent customer service
Job Requirements Cyclists with experience cycling in Boston, customer service and fast-paced work environments encouraged to apply. Point of Sale/Retail experience and additional language skills a plus. Familiarity with Boston, knowledge of how to get around and places to see are a must!
How to apply
Apply on the company site.