About the position
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you're on our team, you're taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we'll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you'll do
As the senior Service Tech, the main objective is service production, so familiarity with a variety of bicycle technologies and experience working professionally in a bike shop are a must. You'll perform major services on all kinds of bikes, and will be able to work uninterrupted with your main aim being production.
Our emphasis is on comprehensive service and preventative maintenance, so the bulk of your repair work will be major overhauls and tune ups. We're looking for a teammate with stellar bicycle service chops, a willingness to learn, and a real motivation to continue developing skills as a technician. Because you'll occasionally be speaking with customers to evaluate issues and recommend repairs, we value fantastic hospitality skills in addition to prior shop experience
What you'll bring to the team
- Self-motivation, a positive, team-focused mentality, plus a willingness to pitch in on any task
- Fantastic hospitality; a warm, approachable manner, great listening skills, and a drive to help in any way you can—even on the toughest, busiest days
- Top-notch communication skills
- Impressive attention to detail and efficient problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and improve in all types of bicycle service - mtb and suspension, road, commuter, and ebikes
- A desire to continually learn proper service methods and new technologies