About the position
evo Vision To make life better by building community and igniting the adventurous spirit that lives within us all.
evo is leading multi-channel retail brand the stands at the intersection of community, commerce, action sports and the outdoor lifestyle. This is personified by a distinctly curated product assortment and a creative approach to crafting highly differentiated customer experiences. We define “success” differently than most. Balancing our goals of (1) building an iconic brand and business (2) creating an extraordinary place and path for our employees and (3) leveraging our success to give back, helping to empower underprivileged children is paramount to evo’s success. We have a passion for community, sports and lifestyle, and a collective hunger when it comes to building a great company together.
The Job evo Seattle’s Bicycle Mechanic will be skilled in all aspects related to building, tuning, and repairing bicycles. The ideal candidate will be both knowledgeable and passionate about bicycles. (Particularly high-end mountain bikes). We provide on the job training and will work with the right candidate to grow their technical knowledge of bicycle repair. She/He will have the ability to work with a team to execute in a highly fluctuating work flow. A high degree of attention to detail and an ability to problem solve are a must.
- Complete bicycle assembly, inspection, and tuning.
- Assist in the development of standards and training guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized shop environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical ski/snowboard service knowledge is a bonus.
Minimum 4 years’ experience as a high-end Mountain Bike technician/mechanic by demonstrating proficiency in the following:
- Disc brake setup and adjustment.
- Derailleur setup and adjustment.
- Suspension setup and adjustment.
- Proper frame prep techniques.
- Wheel building and truing.
- Frame Alignment
- Deep understanding of bicycle fit.
- The ability to identify issues that may have occurred in manufacturing.
- Vast knowledge of current bicycle trends and parts.
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time.
- Ability to or willing to learn how to mount and tune skis.
- Ability to assist other production areas of the DC as requested.
- Outgoing, friendly personality with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products. Must be comfortable with technology in a dynamic environment.
- Embodies, honors, and lives our core values: The Great 8.
- Barnett or UBI Certification a plus.
evo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe the participation of individuals of diverse ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities and personalities will add to personal development and organizational success. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, and promoted without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital or military status, age, national origin, color, the presence of any mental, physical, or sensory disability, genetic information, gender identity, political ideology , or any other basis prohibited by law.