About the position
Salary Range: **$19.0000 To $19.0000 Hourly **Reports to: Field Operations Manager
Philadelphia’s bike share program, Indego, launched in 2015 and has grown to 145 stations and 1500 bikes (electric and classic). Indego is nationally recognized as one of the most equitable bike share programs in the country and commonly serves as the “living laboratory” for Better Bike Share Partnership equity initiatives. Bike Transit manages and operates the program in close coordination with the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Transportation, Infrastructure and Sustainability (oTIS). In the coming years, the Indego system is set to more than double in scale and coordinating growth with the communities we seek to serve is fundamental to how we operate. We have an incredible internal culture that emphasizes being innovative, inclusive, responsible, and fun, and are looking for a talented Station Technicians to join our Indego team!
The Station Technicians assist with the daily maintenance of Indego stations. Under the direction of the Head Station Technician and the Dispatch team, Station Technicians are responsible for ensuring that stations are fully functional with strong focus on kiosk up-time and device functionality (card readers, touch screens and dock points).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure 24/7 station functionality and operability; repair stations
- Provide regular station and electronic maintenance
- Open, close and respond to job tickets
- Perform regular assessments of ticket system
- Provide complete service records for all work performed
- Follow procedural guidelines for all work performed
- Maintain the integrity of the overall system
- Respond to direction from Dispatch to resolve urgent needs
- Fill-in for system needs in either Balancing or Dispatching role
- Safe and courteous driver and cyclist.
- Handle public interactions in the field.
- Manage in-field interpersonal interactions with the public
- Attend training and demonstrate continued comprehension on programming, repair, and maintenance of Indego stations.
- Use Fiix, BCycle Admin, Slack, etc. to track, maintain, and log workflow.
- Other duties as assigned
**Education and/or Work Experience Requirements: **
- Computer hardware, electronics and/or electrical experience required.
- College degree preferred in related field.
- Technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong proactive communication, verbal and written.
- Strong computer aptitude, and command of various software/productivity tools.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in all work performed.
- Ability to identify and communicate needed improvements.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (must pass a motor vehicle record check).
- Comfortable driving, stopping and working in busy outdoor urban environments.
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - the individual is punctual, consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Excitement and interest in bike sharing.
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are dependent upon the shifts scheduled and could be any day Monday through Sunday, 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 40 hours per week, with evening and weekend hours regularly required.
- May require bending, stooping, and lifting materials that weigh up to 55 pounds.
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Job requires working outdoors in various temperatures including rain, and both extreme cold and heat conditions. Also requires warehouse work and some office work when necessary.
- Will occasionally require working on short ladders.
- This job operates in a warehouse environment, remotely in a company vehicle, and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This role requires the ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand, understand the speech of another person
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Safely operate gas vehicles and cargo bikes in heavy traffic in an urban environment
- Stand or sit for several hours straight at a time.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Affordable medical and dental insurance options for employees
- Voluntary life and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- 15 days PTO + 10 company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Free bike share memberships
_We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. _
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
How to apply
Please visit the employer's website to apply.