About the position
We're looking for an outstanding bike mechanic to help us become as famous for our service as we are for our bikes.
We're an innovative bike company going global. You're an outstanding bike mechanic who, well...really just loves bikes.
The Bike Mechanic, or Bike Doctor as we call them, is responsible for accurate and on-time repairing and assembling of to meet our industry leading standards. They are also responsible for helping with remote support as needed, and answering technical questions for our current customers. Although not a sales person in title, they are expected to be up to date on VanMoof sales techniques and understand that our service team if part of the incredible package that we sell to our customers.
This function requires an outstanding level of technical expertise and problem solving. The ideal candidate will be eager to continuously seek out new technical knowledge and develop best practices.
- Assisting Brand store manager in developing and evolving service practices.
- Following processes, offer suggestions for improvement, and stay informed of any changes to product or process.
- Extended in-depth knowledge of the VanMoof product range
- Quality control on new and second hand models
- High-quality on time repairs for all VanMoof models
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Bike Doctor areas
- Tracks inventory needs for parts and tools
- Responsible for remote advice and service
- Recognizes issues that should be escalated to the Service Manager
- Is willing to step out onto the sales floor as needed.
The Bike Mechanic we're looking for has:
- A background in mechanics; preferably in the cycling or ebike industry
- The ability to multitask and work well as part of a close-knit team;
- The confidence to use your initiative, and maintain the workshop while making the role your own;
- Experience in retail is a bonus.
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Access to employee discount programs
- An awesome VanMoof of your own!
- Friends and Family discounts on bikes and accessories
- Ongoing sales and service training
- Lots of opportunities to grow within VanMoof
Now, the touchy-feely stuff
We want someone to change the world with us.
We believe that bikes make cities more liveable and humans happier. You'll join us in our mission to get a LOT more people riding bikes... and go that extra mile to make it happen.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less. But everything we do should be utterly on-brand, engaging, and effective. It’ll be your job to make that happen.
And you'll have to be damn inventive.
We don't want someone who can tick the boxes, we're looking for someone who can solve problems of all sizes, lean into the chaos, and help us get better every day. We're also growing like crazy, so you'll need the patience of a saint and the persistence of an ultramarathon runner (sometimes).
How to apply
Visit https://jobs.vanmoof.com/seattle-bike-doctor/en/apply?&step=1 to apply.