About the position
Wheel & Sprocket is a growing, nationally-recognized specialty bicycle retailer with nine brick-and-mortar locations and an e-commerce operation. The Service Manager owns and drives all facets in the service department including managing work order queue to maintain 48-turnaround, supervise service writing and technician staff, handling warranties, oversee the service writing and technician roles.
- Write accurate work orders based on immediate evaluation to recommend maintenance and repairs as necessary focusing on long-term safety and performance.
- Manage the queue of work orders to ensure 48-hour turnaround
- Be able to perform most, if not all, levels of bicycle repair
- Perform minor tasks on the spot whenever possible
- Handle warranties on defective parts with manufacturers directly
- Manage staffing levels based on daily workload
- Manage shop supplies and tools
- Handle customer complaints and instill a win/win philosophy throughout the department
- Coach and advise other staff on mechanical, procedural or personal areas of development
- Conduct staff and customer training sessions
- Maintain high degree of organization and cleanliness
- Easily operate common computer functions including email, documents, websites, etc.
- Perform cycle counts and manage service inventory
- Work cross-functionally with General Manager on identifying areas to improve the overall customer experience
- Interpret productivity, sales, and scheduling reports and take appropriate action
- Maintains current knowledge of sales and industry trends
- Hearing feedback well and making necessary changes
- Giving feedback directly and in a candid, honest and effective manner
- Effectively serve customers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Be dedicated to continuous improvement of own work and of the business
- Have strong work ethic
- Have positive attitude and strong sense of integrity
- Take responsibility for own career and solving own problems
**Other Notes ** This position is based at an individual store location, but requires the willingness to travel to other locations or off-site events several times per year. This is a full-time position offering many benefits including health insurance, 401k program, product discounts, bike-commuter credits and other fringe benefits. Compensation based on experience and qualifications.
**Company Description ** Wheel & Sprocket is a nationally-recognized specialty bicycle retailer with ten brick-and-mortar locations and an eCommerce operation.
Wheel & Sprocket
Why Work Here? Fun markets, lots of growth potential, access to sweet discounted biking/outdoor products, and opportunity to share in growth!
Wheel & Sprocket is a nationally-recognized specialty bicycle retailer with ten brick-and-mortar locations and an eCommerce operation.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online, submit a cover letter and any other supporting documentation at: https://wheelandsprocket.com/to/apply