About the position
Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking full-time Ebike Mechanics to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to be a part of a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
Our Ebike Mechanics will be responsible for troubleshooting repairs and servicing our bikes in our Service department at our Flagship location in Ballard. If you like to problem solve, work with bikes, motors, etc. and want to help us build a world-class service department, we need you! This role will have the opportunity to work both in our service department in-store as well as the ability to travel for mobile service locally.
We are open seven days a week. Weekend availability is required.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 2+ years of experience with bikes in a formal setting
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Friendly attitude and interest in working with ebike consumers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to ascend / descend ladders
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours / day
- Ability to lift, push/pull, leverage and carry 65+ pounds without assistance
- Proficient manual dexterity required while using a variety of hand tools and other equipment
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with electric bikes or vehicles
- Prior experience working in a service department or customer-facing role
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Learned about the ebike industry to understand the products we offer on a technical level
- Serviced bikes for our customers, from normal wear and tear repairs, to more complex fixes
- Tuned & fit bikes for customers, and ensured that all safety checks were performed
- Assisted with inventory management of materials, such as bike accessories, tools, spare parts, and other materials as needed
- Helped to train more junior mechanics and ebike assemblers
- Participated in field service requests from local customers in partnership with our Commercial Sales Division
- Participated in local outreach events and related events with the sales team as needed
- Maintained workshop organization and cleanliness
- Additional duties and overtime as required
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Pleaes visit https://jobs.lever.co/radpowerbikes-2/54adb805-d751-4467-8e42-da746509e53d/apply to apply.