About the position
Bicycle Sport Shop has extensive safety protocol in place during COVID-19 to minimize risk to staff and customers. We continue to operate by CDC and City of Austin recommendations.
Do you like bikes as much as we do? If so, we’d love to have you join our Bicycle Sport Shop team and work in a field where you can live your passion.
Bicycle Sport Shop in Austin Texas is a family and employee-owned business with over 35 years of providing award-winning customer service. We recognize the importance of cultivating a strong team of employees and a positive work environment.
We offer an extensive benefits package including service and sales training, paid time off, medical, dental, a generous employee bicycle purchase program, and future growth opportunities within and outside of the company.
We are looking for individuals with at least one year of bike shop experience who would like to become members of our award-winning service team. We are currently hiring for both full and part time positions.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing superior mechanical service.
- Completing all paper and computer invoicing associated with repair work.
- Ability to seek assistance from others when help is needed.
- Provide feedback to management for department and store improvements.
- Keep the service area clean and professional looking.
- Perform repairs within established time limits.
- Complete sales checks and accessory installs for sales department within established time limits.
- Assist sales staff with technical questions.
- Communicate directly with customers concerning necessary or suggested repairs.
- Create work estimates and manage special orders through the entire process
- Help the service team achieve their performance goals
Our ideal Bicycle Sport Shop Applicant:
- Positive mental attitude
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Desire to improve
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to prioritize
Able to deliver an extraordinary customer experience
What we offer
- Fun and positive work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Generous Employee Bicycle Purchase Program
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time Salary: $10.50 to $19.60 /hour Job Type: Full-time Pay: $14.00 - $19.60 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- bicycle mechanic: 2 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Customer service
- Computer literacy
- MS Office
- Mechanic experience
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
How to apply
Please visit https://www.indeed.com/job/bicycle-mechanic-727411ff3d2eedc3 to apply for this job.